The Saga Continues: The Search For The Perfect Peach Lipstick

Why do we want the guys that treat us badly? We  go back again and again, only to be treated the same but we never learn. Boys? Nah, I'm talking peach lipsticks. 



I'm a really high-maintenance girlfriend, I mean, lipstick buyer! I'm high maintenance because I really really really DON'T want a high maintenance lipstick. I want to swipe it on, swipe on a moisturiser on top, then eat, drink, dance, talk, walk around in the rain, kiss, rub my face over people's sleeves, eat some more, suck my thumb a lot and have it still on. 

I'm fine with a bit of fading, I'm fine with it needing a little top up on my inner bits of my lips. I'm not fine with it smudging off/cracking/tearing/looking chalky/looking like you can really see it sitting on top.

In case your thinking 'Oh GEE Jess, that's nigh impossible, no lipstick can DO THAT?!'. Well take a look at a past post, in which I say thank you to the gods for Maybelline 24 Hour Lipstick in Red Alert. It's not a big read, I promise you'll find it entertaining and a bloody good prologue to this post.

At the bottom of the aforementioned post, I say my next aim is a peachy/coral long-lasting liquid lipstick. This is a pretty hard mission, as the lighter colours are so much more difficult in my experience. If my scarlet lipstick cracks a little, it's hardly noticable because the red of my lips just blends it in. Whereas a crack in a coral lipstick, HELLO I CAN SEE YOU UNDER THERE RED MOUTH

So the plan was, after carrying out lots and lots of research (Youtube binges), was to buy the Anastasia Beverley Hills Liquid Lipstick in Retro Coral.



So I promptly went ahead and completely disregarded the plan. 
ALWAYS STICK TO THE PLAN. 
I bought 714, a very light peachy/pink/neony liquid lipstick from Jeffree Stars new cosmetic line. I'd seen it so much on Instagram and it looked amazing and since it was about £10 cheaper to buy off Ebay (damn you USA-only makeup lines) I got it! 



It came really quickly and I was ever so excited, but then I was ever so disappointed. I'll tell you all, but lets begin with a look at past failed attempts at peach lipstick. 

Feast your eyes on this coral graveyard, where peach-toned/coral lipsticks go to die:



Okay I'm being too dramatic (it is Halloween soon after all). 


Instead, feast your eyes on this bad boys line up:

Many more peach lipsticks have been bought and tested and maybe even worn out and about, before then been chucked away in disgust. These are the ones that I just couldn't throw away, promising myself I'll find a way to make them long-wearing. Well no more! Let the trial begin.

1. MUA Lipstick - Juicy




2. Barry M - 147




3. Maybelline Colour Drama Pencil - In With Coral



My problem with Barry M and MUA and Maybelline Colour Drama are the exact same. Very pretty colour, but you can see it...just sitting there! With my talking speed, these lipsticks would last 10 minutes.

4. Rimmel Apocalips - Luna



This one is actually pretty nice...for a colour gloss. It stays better, but I really really really want fully matte. One must not settle for second best when it comes to lipsticks!

5. MUA Whipped Velvet - Chi Chi



Errrrm, did absolutely nothing. NOPE.


6. Make Up Revolution Lip Lacquer - All That I Have Inside



I saw this in Superdrug and thought my £3 dreams had come true! Gorgeous colour, really thick and opaque, goes fully matte. 

BUT, twas too good to be true. Looked fandabbydosey in the first 5 minutes, and then it really starts to wear and tear. See bottom picture after some vigorous lip exercises:


7. Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - 714





This one I'm a little bit torn about. In the reviews I gathered that this colour was the most difficult, whereas the other shades are much easier to use. It looked like the problem was that you had to layer it to build up the opaque colour, which was absolutely fine with me - it takes two seconds! However, I found it cracked after about half an hour, and would need quite a lot of upkeep throughout the day. I'm considering selling this one, but would definitely buy another from the line as they all look much more promising! See below to see what it's like after a lot of lip waggling!


So, where next? Whilst on my research travels, I came across the Sephora liquid lipstick, and that led to the Stila Lipsticks...finally a brand sold in the U.K! I've watched Stila lip swatches on Youtube, and they're definitely my next bet. There's still a few iffy reviews out there, as you can't add a lip balm on the top (is Maybelline the only brand to have perfected the matte colour AND made it completely resistant to the attached moisturising lip balm?! Please get prettier shades in Maybelline and I'll never stray!). 


Note: Excuse the delay with this post, it was all meant to go live yesterday. That is until I went to take the lip swatch photos and OMG IVE BEEN SMUGGLING IN A MOUSE ON MY TOP LIP! IS IT MOVEMBER ALREADY, IF SO WHY AM I TAKING PART?! Oh yes, a quick lip wax was needed and photographs were postponed until today. It isn't a case of creating a flawless internet view of myself, it's more of a case that I shouldn't have been allowed outside with the ole' moustachio.

1 comment

Chat time!