Teeny Tiny Reviews

Often, I find a book/series that I love so much that I can't even express how much I love it. You just gotta accept the fact that its great and will change your life. This page is going to be devoted to the tiniest reviews, so I can just blurt out how it made me feel!


TV

House of Cards 


Oh my goodness, the filmography, the writing, the relationship, the shocks! I have never watched a political drama (yet to watch The Thick of It) and would totes have assumed it would be boring as hell. HOW WRONG. I love this peep into American politics and have come to love/hate the anti-hero that is Frank Underwood. The manipulations, when he addresses the viewers...it's just grand. It is shot very stylishly and sometimes I'd pause it just to admire. By the way, I watch absolutely everything with subtitles anyway, which is a naughty habit, but for this one it was pretty essential so I wasn't like whaaaaaaaa?! Review done, *taps desk with ring*

Hannibal

I did have to be persuaded to watch this one, as I'm massively squeamish! But after watching Season 1 + 2, I'm glad I did. I must confess, I may have only watched 85% has I had to avert my gaze so much from the gruesomeness! However the plot was fantastic, completely original and kept you guessing. Hannibal's cheeky references to his habit and the WEIRD way you started to fancy him even though he was a psychopath with a naughty penchant for eating humans. Again, veeeeeeeeery stylistic but it such a good way. AND, last but not least, THE WAY HE PREPARES FOOD! I have never seen anything cooked so deliciously and you really start to wonder whether you'd have a taste, yanno, just for the mouth explosion. I also watched this on NowTV, which doesn't offer subtitles. I had to read the script online just to keep up!


Books

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy


Words cannot express my love for this trilogy. It's everything I ever wanted in a set of three books. The different worlds, the magic, plots and characters that were massively original and I'd never read anything like it. Which in this day and age is a more difficult thing to accomplish! Whenever I think of something I want to write, I have this trilogy in mind as inspiration. It is fantasy and young adult, but hey, that's ma jam. Just go read it, now. That's it, drop whatever you're doing and head to the Kindle website. Now. (Okay, just had a look and the new book covers are pretty cheesy with a girl with some masks on - ignore that and buy!)

No comments

Chat time!