One Year Ago Today We Moved In!

The beauty of timehop is that you can never miss out on an anniversary! Although some anniversaries you want to forget, like two years ago I found some fish guts wrapped in duct tape on my outside windowsill, yeah thanks Facebook (also thanks past Jess for making a status about it).

BUT lets not let that moment cast a shadow over the real anniversary here, our move-in date! After living in my basement room that went from cute and cosey in the winter to roasting-burning-alive-spider-hell in the summer, sharing our very own apartment right next to the High Street (yay can escape having to get a car that lllllil bit longer) was amazing.

And that's probably because the kitchen is one room away from the bedroom - midnight snacking has never been so easy!

Here is our Casa De Burns Down journey right from the first time I see the flat (I hadn't seen it in real life when we put the deposit down!) so I immortalised the occasion by taking a selfie of us and not bothering to take any pictures of my new home...

Celebrating getting our keys and celebrating with orange juice/bucks fizz (who knows, we had no money)

Going furniture shopping with a strange strange hair colour:


Realising your boyfriend has very organised tendencies on the first day (already wondering how he'll cope with my clutter, answer is not very well):

See aforementioned clutter! Ahh the days of having a duvet for the sofa and watching Lost (Lost, so many good memories but so much distrust) on my awful awful laptop because the TV only plays games and has no channels:

The new home also saw the first real cut of my hair to get rid of all the damage caused by bleach!


Haircut obviously worked out, as mum was so happy I'd cut the dead hair off she accepted me back into the family and gave a dining table (Jokes, she let me take back the family name as soon as I dyed it back to normal colour from the bleached white):

Any many delicious meal were had! Duck with plum sauce, homana:

And pictures were delightfully ruined:


 Christmas arrived!

 I'm in  mourning because whilst I was getting the pictures together for this post I was searching for a photo montage that I made Jonny do with bright lights and Christmas theme and pulling crackers...and I CAN'T FINDD ITTTTTTTTT ANYWHEREEEEE. I take these moments hard, nothing worse than losing a good photo - except for all those things definitely worse than taking a good photo. I have been promised another montage Christmas 2015 *tear*.
Anyway have this poor poor photo as substitute!


Valentines Day saw the day we made red pancakes with honey and bacon! 
Spoiler: they tasted too weird:

Friends visited and were treated to a carbonara before hitting the club directly across the road (see you never taxxxiis):


Nice photos were taken:



And not so nice!



First days at big boy jobs occured:


Our apartment was christened Case De Burns Down:

And that's it!

Here's to another year of good food and ever-changing hair!


xxxxxxx

No comments

Chat time!